Barbara Wilson-Clay has been assisting breastfeeding families since 1981. She became certified as an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant in 1987, and was recognized as a Fellow of the International Lactation Consultant Association in 2008. Barbara maintains a private practice in Austin, Texas, and is a member of numerous local, national, and international boards and coalitions to promote breastfeeding. Her research and commentaries have been widely published. An outspoken advocate for the profession of lactation consulting, Barbara also helped found and served as the Vice President of the Board of Directors of the Mothers Milk Bank at Austin. She served on the ethics committee of the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners, and is an active volunteer lobbyist in the Texas Legislature promoting breastfeeding as a health policy issue.
- Fellow of The International Lactation Consultant Association (FILCA)
- Vice President of the Board of Directors of The Mothers Milk Bank at Austin
- Legislative Lobbying Team member with Healthy Mothers Healthy Babies, Austin Chapter
- Texas Breastfeeding Coalition
- Member of the Board of Directors for the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners, 1997-1999